Like countless other blogs, here will be posted random musing on life, the universe and everything...well as long as the everything includes Films, Books, Motorcycles, Poker, Linux, Python and Dorset.




It doesn't just happen online!!!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It was my step-son Richard's birthday on Sunday and he asked if we could have a poker night on Saturday for it. We hadn't had a poker night for some time, so it seemed like a good idea. One of Richard's friends from next door came and along with Tracy, myself and my other step-son Paul that made six of us playing a NLH tourney.

It was not my best game ever that's for sure, as I was the first one out! It started with the hand that this post is titled after. I woke up with AsJd in the BB with blinds at 25-50. Raised 100 and was called by Tracy and Paul nextdoor. Flop was 3s4s7s. I had a nice draw with my As, so I raised another 100 - Tracy called and Paul ND folded. Turn was a blank - both checked and the dream card came on the river - Js. I had rivered the Nut Flush and raised 500 and was called by Tracy. I happily announced I had the Ace High Flush and got ready to rake in the chips....only for Tracy to flip over 5s6s for a Straight Flush - which she had hit on the flop!!!
I was busted shortly after with KJo, which was best going into the river but got busted by a Q on the river - which the birthday boy himself had. Richard went on to win.


0 Responses to “It doesn't just happen online!!!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Ian Vincent (DorsetBlue)
  • From Dorchester, Dorset, United Kingdom
  • I am married to Tracy and live with our kids (stepsons Paul and Richard and daughters Cara and Aimée) just outside the town of Dorchester in England.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Get Firefox!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 England & Wales License.