Like countless other blogs, here will be posted random musing on life, the universe and everything...well as long as the everything includes Films, Books, Motorcycles, Poker, Linux, Python and Dorset.




Ring Gaming


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have pretty busy at work recently, so have not been able to post much here.
Some time ago, I was doing a reasonable amount of bonus chasing on Poker sites. The grind of ring gaming to get these bonuses started to wear me down and was making Poker a chore, rather than a fun activity. In the end I pulled back from ring gaming completely and concentrated on playing SnG tournaments.
Perhaps 'absence does make the heart grow fonder' as I recently have been getting the itch to do some ring gaming again. I started on some low buy-in NL Hold'em tables and was doing okay but I could see it quickly becoming a grind again. Perhaps too many people play Hold'em now and it is starting to lose it's appeal for me.....i'm not sure. I still like it for Tourneys but for ring gaming, i'm no longer sure.
So I started to look at alternatives. Now I have been playing a bit of Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo recently in tourneys and I quite like the games, especially Omaha HL. It is not the more looser feel the game has, due to the large number of people seeing the flop, turn and river. If anything, I play Omaha HL just as tight as I do Texas. I just enjoy the feeling of knowing when you have the nut low and the generally higher winning high hands (I do like hitting Full Houses). Anyway I played some 0.50/1 Limit Omaha HL on Titan and Pokerstars last night and enjoyed myself immensely. I did not win much money but it felt much more enjoyable to play, so from now on I will be hunting out sites with a good number of people at Omaha tables.
I am also thinking about playing some Stud but I am not as experienced at that game, so I am still playing around on play money tables for that.


3 Responses to “Ring Gaming”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Good design!
    [url=http://bfpmesai.com/sltp/pcbe.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://istyodvg.com/jval/vnre.html]Cool site[/url]

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 
  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Thank you!
    http://bfpmesai.com/sltp/pcbe.html | http://pbmllgeq.com/opfs/xytd.html

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Ian Vincent (DorsetBlue)
  • From Dorchester, Dorset, United Kingdom
  • I am married to Tracy and live with our kids (stepsons Paul and Richard and daughters Cara and Aimée) just outside the town of Dorchester in England.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Get Firefox!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 England & Wales License.