Like countless other blogs, here will be posted random musing on life, the universe and everything...well as long as the everything includes Films, Books, Motorcycles, Poker, Linux, Python and Dorset.




Stars and Titans


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



With Monday night currently being Poker night in the Vincent household, I managed to play five STTs last night. As I only had 8 FPPs to get to clear my WSOP bonus (I know that was in July but I have only been playing $5.50 tables) on Pokerstars, I played my first ever $11 NL Holdem STT as well as a $5.50 Omaha HL STT. I have played $11 MTTs before with little success (including one of Wil Wheaton's Friday night specials) but this turned out to be far more successful as I won it and, although I blinded out of the Omaha STT, this meant that I made over $100 profit on that bonus.
So I promptly took my profit and placed it into Titan Poker. I have been meaning to have a go on Titan for some time but their levels of traffic are very low during UK daytime hours. However on a Monday evening the traffic seemed to reach a reasonable level and I thought it was worth a toe dip.
Not in the mood for too expensive a introduction, I started with a $1 6 handed NL Holdem STT. It turned out to be tough little game with everyone certainly playing for the (small amount of) money. Unfortunately I got little in the way of cards and blinded out in third or fourth (only first and second get the money).
Not to be downtrodden, I registered for a $2.40 10 handed NL Holdem STT and a $5.50 6 handed Omaha HL STT. I much prefer 10 handed for STTs, you get a little more time to think (which suits my playing style) and that extra money place makes a lot of difference. As it went, I came second in the hard fought Omaha STT (making $9) and won the Holdem STT (making $10), so I ended up $9.90 for the evening on Titan which was not a bad start really.
My first thoughts on Titan are:
  1. The Titan software is pretty damn good. The response time after making a play is very good and the look and feel of the table are good too. It is miles above the dreadful software that Pacific Poker has (which was why I took my money out of their system).
  2. The players seem to be a reasonable level, from these initial games. Maybe a little above the standard you would expect from low money tables - however they won't be bluffed easily.

I certainly will be spending some time on Titan from now on, maybe I will start playing the $5.50 Jackpot STTs.


4 Responses to “Stars and Titans”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well done!
    [url=http://xwgvizck.com/lmcm/rktc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://bhxhzhfi.com/puac/xgev.html]Cool site[/url]

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well done!
    [url=http://xwgvizck.com/lmcm/rktc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://bhxhzhfi.com/puac/xgev.html]Cool site[/url]

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Good design!
    My homepage | Please visit

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well done!
    http://xwgvizck.com/lmcm/rktc.html | http://xetsfnur.com/gxyu/ahck.html

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Ian Vincent (DorsetBlue)
  • From Dorchester, Dorset, United Kingdom
  • I am married to Tracy and live with our kids (stepsons Paul and Richard and daughters Cara and Aimée) just outside the town of Dorchester in England.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Get Firefox!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 England & Wales License.