Like countless other blogs, here will be posted random musing on life, the universe and everything...well as long as the everything includes Films, Books, Motorcycles, Poker, Linux, Python and Dorset.




New Challenge


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have recently been pretty successful on Pokerstars, as I head slowly towards the conclusion of the WSOP bonus (currently 74 more FPPs to go) and I am currently set to double the bonus with my additional winnings - currently primarily from STTs.
Yes you read it right, I am back to success in STTs after my months of drought. I am placing in nearly every NL Holdem STT I enter and even managed to win a PL OHL STT as well.
However I am starting to feel that I should really be trying to make a successful bankroll from Ring Gaming. I have been by far the most successful at Omaha H/L and I am overall far above the 1BB per hour rate for all sites I have been playing on. So I decided to set myself a challenge - I would deposit $25 into a site and work my way up in bankroll and also game stakes. My original plan was:


BankrollGame Stakes
Bankrupt <-> $500.50c/$1
$50 <-> $100$1/$2
$100 <-> $150$2/$4
$150 <-> $200$3/$6

After a little consideration, I have decided to have a $25 profit margin e.g. when I get to $75 bankroll, cash out $25 leaving $50 and then go up to $1/$2. Of course if the competition is rough and I go down in bankroll, I will subsequently drop in stakes as well and try and work my way back up again.
My next problem was what site to go to. I do play on Pokerstars a lot but the OHL action is not guarenteed there by any means. Every other site I have gone on also rarely have any OHL action at all. In the end I was left with:

Empire
Party Poker
Pokerstars
Titan

I discounted Empire because it is now Party without the extras. Pokerstars also got dropped because I did not want to mix this exercise with any bonus clearance. That left Party Poker and Titan, so I thought I would log onto Party and see what the action was like.....only to be met with a $25 free money (after 250 raked hands) bonus offer. Well that clinched it (sorry Titan) as I could now put my plan into action without even depositing any money!
I have been playing on Party for four to five days so far and have been killing the 50c/$1 games (with a little software glitch which prevented me from getting on a table for an hour excluded). With 36 raked hands still to go, I have currently around $73 in my bankroll. This was primarily thanks to an aquarium of a table I went onto for an hour yesterday where people were calling maxed out river bets against my nut high hands (with no low possible) or where I got 3/4 pots (High and Split Low), and took $68 off of a $25 buy-in table. I have only ever bettered that one time on a $25 NL Holdem table where I took two buy-ins off of the same guy.
So hopefully on completion of the bonus hands I will move up to $1/$2 and see if I come unstuck.


0 Responses to “New Challenge”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Ian Vincent (DorsetBlue)
  • From Dorchester, Dorset, United Kingdom
  • I am married to Tracy and live with our kids (stepsons Paul and Richard and daughters Cara and Aimée) just outside the town of Dorchester in England.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3

Get Firefox!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 England & Wales License.